It has been an upsurge in the number of attacks against American forces in Iraq.
The reality on the ground is different.
Iraq resistance is a popular movement with the support of the local population. They have the possibility to act and attack US forces anywhere, any time and the vast majority of the locals not only do not stop them, but also support them and help them in their efforts.
This is Iraq, 4 years after Bush declared the major operation in Iraq being over and in the battle of Iraq, US government had won “the war”.
This is what the US soldiers live with every day, every hour and every minute of their active duty in Iraq. Can you blame them for being anti-war? Do you know understand why they want to come home?
Judging from the video, you can understand why the number of Americans dying in Iraq has been higher than any other months since 2004.
Just take a look at the past few days (source antiwar.com)
- Wednesday May 30, 2007: 4 GIs, 66 Iraqis Killed; 97 Wounded
- Tuesday May 29: 13 GIs , 169 Iraqis Killed; 146 Iraqis Wounded; 40 Iraqis, 5 Britons Kidnapped
- Monday May 28: 123 Iraqis Killed, 233 Wounded
- Sunday May 27: 3 GIs, 94 Iraqis Killed; 55 Iraqis Wounded, 47 Kidnapped
- Saturday May 26: 8 GIs, 91 Iraqis Killed; 116 Iraqis Injured
- Friday May 25: 6 GIs, 37 Iraqis Killed; 38 Iraqis Wounded
- Thursday May 24: 6 GIs, 101 Iraqis Killed; 81 Iraqis Wounded
- Wednesday May 23: 10 GIs, 127 Iraqis Killed; 98 Iraqis Wounded
- Tuesday May 22: 105 Iraqis Killed, 121 Wounded
- Monday May 21: 1 Briton, 50 Iraqis Killed; 69 Iraqis Wounded
- Sunday May 20: 7 GIs, 1 South Korean, 97 Iraqis Killed; 94 Iraqis Wounded
How many more innocent people must dies before the Americans realized that they have no future in Iraq and less so in Iran.
If they think that Iraq is a disaster, then they will see what disaster means when they attack Iran or if they are dumb enough, when they occupy the country.